Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My favourite flowers

Got this tag from Cheryl really long long time ago, luckily I still remember to do it before I pop, otherwise it will never be done..... :P

My favourite flowers would be Lily, both Calla Lily & Longi Lily. Calla Lily was also the hand bouquet on my wedding day (you can see in my wed pic on the sidebar).

Meaning of:
Calla Lily: Beauty
Long Lily: Pure, Modest

Name: Lilium candidum was the most significant flower symbol for Christians and suggested purity. As a symbol of purity associated with virgins it became known as the Madonna Lily.

Trivia: Lilies have been cultivated for over 3000 years. Feng Shui believers hold the lily as an emblem of summer and abundance; to the Chinese, lily means "Forever in love".


*Note: You can check out the meaning of your favourite flower here

No comments: