Monday, March 24, 2008

My 1st attempt making sushi

I have always love eating Japanese food especially salmon sahimi, sushi, ebi tempura, chawanmushi and unagi kabayaki. After watching the TVB drama series Wasabi D'Amour last 2 weeks, well basically the series show many scenes of preparing various type of Japanese food and then I got so tempted to do it myself.

Then I bought this Sushi starter pack and a pack Japanese Hikari short grain rice and tried to prepare my very 1st sushi roll over the weekend.
Being the 1st time preparing sushi, I was a bit kelam-kabut and I must say that most of it didn't look as nice as I wanted it to be, but the taste was not bad though.

Here are my masterpiece:

Unagi and Omelette Maki, and Nigiri - Crabstick

Nigiri - Unagi

Chuka Kurage (seasoned jelly fish) sushi

I have learned the tips from the below sources:
1. How to make sushi rice
2. How to make sushi rolls
3. How to make Nigiri sushi

4 comments:

HS said...

good try, karen! it looks yummy ler..

karenyiau said...

Haha thanks hooi see, I will try again & will improve my skill :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lemonjude said...

Wah, very good try. First attempt already looks like pro liow...

I believe you can make a better one next round...wei..looks delicious leh...I only manage to roll those simple one like Egg and crab stick, tuna..