Saturday, May 19, 2007

Malay Wedding

Just attended a Malay wedding of my colleague and this is the 1st time I'm attending a Malay wedding reception in the evening, normally it'd be held in the afternoon isn't it?

Anyway, the reception was held at Bukit Kerinchi Community Hall and the place is very new & nice. I reached there around 8.30pm and the "bersanding" started at 8.45pm. Dinner is served at 9.10pm, consider quite punctual as the invitation card state it'd start at 9pm. Since the dishes are already pre-served on the table, around 9.40pm, most people is already done with the dinner and started leaving the hall, including me as well.

This is definitely the shortest wedding dinner I've been to, short & sweet. :) I wish the newly wed couple a happy & long lasting marriage.

A lovely door gift for the guests.

2 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

Wow, very efficient wedding! Mine had afternoon and night receptions. Actually you can choose suka hati whether u wanna do day or night. My family did ours during the noon, husband's family did theirs at night. I thought my wedding was short..finished at 10pm. But this one better man..

LZmommy said...

Wow! Such a short wedding dinner. Nowadays in Spore, the malays do wedding at the hotel too. Like chinese wedding it takes hours to complete. :)

Hope you don't mind, I have a tag for you :)
http://babieslz.blogspot.com/2007/05/tag-7-random-things-about-myself.html